A christmas message...
It’s been a funny old year.
Having been made redundant in June from the engineering director post with a bus company (though well compensated) I’ve had cause to reflect, whilst being an international man of leisure, on what direction to take next. I came to the conclusion that, as I wasn’t financially bereft, I’d adopt a profession that would offer me fulfilment, quality of life and the longest possible holidays – namely teaching! I considered this profession when leaving the Army 3½ years ago but the sums didn’t add up at the time. They do now, and to that end I’ve enrolled on a full time course at the University of Sussex to become a secondary school physics teacher. It kicks off in January with a pure physics module for six months followed in September by the one year PGCE course. So a full time student for 18 months - I’m really looking forward to it, and I plan to grow my hair long & sport a beard - wish me luck!
Monty is well. He was elected class monitor last term – I think his fellow students thought he’d be a soft touch - how wrong they were. He particularly enjoys his music and remains the cheeky, upbeat chappie that we all know and love.
I’m in training for another marathon, and yes I know I’m a glutton for punishment, but it keeps me fit and helps a worthy cause at the same time. This time it’s closer to home – the Brighton Marathon on 18th April, in aid of Cancer Research. Please sponsor me if you can – I have a website you can visit at http://www.justgiving.com/Dominic-Moorhouse. Alternatively you can send me cash or a cheque which I can load on to the website on your behalf. Your assistance would be really appreciated.
Have a very happy Christmas and New Year and we look forward to seeing or hearing from you in 2010.
Lots of Love
Dominic and Monty
It’s been a funny old year.
Having been made redundant in June from the engineering director post with a bus company (though well compensated) I’ve had cause to reflect, whilst being an international man of leisure, on what direction to take next. I came to the conclusion that, as I wasn’t financially bereft, I’d adopt a profession that would offer me fulfilment, quality of life and the longest possible holidays – namely teaching! I considered this profession when leaving the Army 3½ years ago but the sums didn’t add up at the time. They do now, and to that end I’ve enrolled on a full time course at the University of Sussex to become a secondary school physics teacher. It kicks off in January with a pure physics module for six months followed in September by the one year PGCE course. So a full time student for 18 months - I’m really looking forward to it, and I plan to grow my hair long & sport a beard - wish me luck!
Monty is well. He was elected class monitor last term – I think his fellow students thought he’d be a soft touch - how wrong they were. He particularly enjoys his music and remains the cheeky, upbeat chappie that we all know and love.
I’m in training for another marathon, and yes I know I’m a glutton for punishment, but it keeps me fit and helps a worthy cause at the same time. This time it’s closer to home – the Brighton Marathon on 18th April, in aid of Cancer Research. Please sponsor me if you can – I have a website you can visit at http://www.justgiving.com/Dominic-Moorhouse. Alternatively you can send me cash or a cheque which I can load on to the website on your behalf. Your assistance would be really appreciated.
Have a very happy Christmas and New Year and we look forward to seeing or hearing from you in 2010.
Lots of Love
Dominic and Monty


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home